Friday, March 7, 2008

Celebamour

Celebamour

Lisa Marie Presley Expecting

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 09:02 AM CST

Lisa Marie Presley is pregnant with her third child and due in the fall.  The rumor has been confirmed by way of her rep and People Magazine.

“The couple are incredibly overjoyed,” the rep says.

This is the first child for Presley, 40, and her music producer husband, Michael Lockwood, 46, who got married in Japan in January 2006.

GossipShack has some pretty shocking photos of Lisa Marie chowing down.  It looks like Lisa Marie has inherited her daddy’s taste for food - any food.  She’s really packing on the pounds and it doesn’t look like a mild case of winter wool.

Stay Gold Patrick Swayze

Posted: 06 Mar 2008 11:43 AM CST

While making my daily rounds to see what buzz is up around the net, I noticed on Yahoo Buzz that Patrick Swayze had made a huge breakout in searches.  I honestly didn’t think anything of it - I just assumed they were doing a remake of Dirty Dancing or The Outsiders and pushed the topic aside with my usual “I’ll get to that tomorrow” thought.  Aside from the internet, I had little television to watch due to recent ice storms in the area and my taking my place in line for a service call to get myself back among the land of the connected and well informed.

When I began maneuvering about my day I remembered that I wanted to check into what one of my all-time favorite hunks was up to.

My heart sank.  Pancreatic Cancer?  How is this possible!  Sometimes life just seems so unfair, doesn’t it?

Unlike some of the various Hollywood rags that are likely sending out mobs to capture the ill and weakening former sexiest man, I would like to take this time to focus on a time when such a wonderful actor shined.

outsiders

While Swayze had appeared in a handful of films prior to 1983, The Outsiders and his role as Darry Curtis, was where it all began.  The story centers on two rival gangs in the early 1960s Midwest, and the violent turf wars that escalate and tragically claim young lives. C. Thomas Howell plays the central character who yearns to prove himself and be accepted by his older brothers’ gang, while at the same time finding his first love and dreaming of a life beyond his dead end existence.

Other of my favorites are:

North and South ~*~ Dirty Dancing~*~ Ghost~*~ Point Break~*~ Road House 

There’s always a song or a particular moment in a movie that sticks out in our minds and sets up residence in a special place in our hearts.  Why not celebrate the life of a great actor in such a way that he might be able to see just how much he means to his fans.

If Patrick Swayze were reading this very post, what would you say to him that he might carry with him and find a bright spot in the challenging days ahead?

No comments: